Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Well, I'm setting out to create this blog to help me speak my truth.

I guess the first bit I should tell is why I named this blog just plain foolish. I did say I was a storyteller, didn't I? Most of my favorite stories are about fools - the folks who look at the world from a 90 degree angle. Sometimes it's Nasruddin Hoca, riding his mule backwards so that he can be polite to his guests. Sometimes it's the Fool of Notre Dame, juggling and doing acrobatics until the sweat stands out on his face, because he doesn't know of anything else he can give. Sometimes it's the story of Delia and John Young selling the treasures of their house in order to give gifts to each other. And sometimes it's the story of my great grandfather, standing with his daughter in a field during the Depression, and insisting that she join him in a prayer for whoever stole the potatoes they'd just spent hard sweat in harvesting because that person must have been hungry.

Perhaps these were foolish acts, but they were grounded in love, and we can only hope that our own acts will be so wise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorcan said...

Welcome to the fray!!!!
=0
=)
=D

lor

5/27/2006 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home