Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Monday, November 19, 2007

One Deep Breath: Adventure

Christine, over at Quiet Paths proposed this week's One Deep Breath theme. Thanks, Christine!

My vagabond feet
grow restless in the house,
long for muddy paths.

Adventure? You grin.
Holding hands, we set forth
who knows where?

Climbing old paths,
Imagining ox carts,
going the same way,
out the Old National Pike
Westward bound.

Warm springs bathe my feet,
soothe the aches of travel:
Adventure's reward.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful. Vagabond used to be my favorite word. It disappeared. Nice to see it used again in such a wonderful way! Your first haiku pulls me in and holds me. Love it.

11/19/2007 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! You expressed a variety of adventures. I really enjoyed going along....

11/19/2007 12:37 PM  
Blogger qualcosa di bello said...

vagabond feet...yes, that is what i have attached to me! i love traveling with my husband & your second is such a perfect capture of our best adventures.

11/19/2007 8:18 PM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Excellent story, well told and I love the vagabond feet too!

11/20/2007 12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my - big yes! I can't decide which - they all speak to me.

11/20/2007 7:53 AM  
Blogger poefusion said...

Beautiful words draw me into your adventure and keep me lingering still yet. Nice job. Keep up the good work.

11/27/2007 5:27 AM  
Blogger the laughing gypsy said...

vagabond feet?! I love it!

11/27/2007 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home