Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Progress

As I crochet, the thick wool yarn sliding between my fingers, there is a meditative rhythm to it, especially as my fingers adapt themselves to the unfamiliar stitch and it becomes familiar. The tug of the hook, the neat little stitches lining up into simple swirls along the long spiral that makes a hat. I'm much further along - The cap has gone from looking like an afghan piece to looking like a yarmulke to looking like a cute little cap - stiff enough to stand up on its own. If I were doing this for civilian life, now is when I'd begin varying the color, or the stitches, making that last couple of inches more interesting. but not this time.

A friend of mine tells me he'll be deployed this time next year. I've promised him that I'll craft something for him as well, but these projects are hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home