Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Wow.

The blanket is done. All the squares are connected, and I've promised Dad that if he wants, I'll edge it when he gets back, but for now, the edges will remain plain. My husband has promised me that he will get a little bit of dried whole sage to pop into a muslin bag as insect protection (I usually use lavender for my stuff, but figure since this is for a soldier...)

Yesterday, I'd half figured that after it was done, I might seriously take a break from crochet, but I'd hardly put down that project when I found my fingers scrambling through a bag of yarn and picking out some red wool to work on. The feel of the yarn has become comforting. When I'm worried, out comes that crochet hook and yarn.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many congrats! Yes, now what it the next project? And, will we see a photo?

2/22/2007 7:59 AM  
Blogger Plain Foolish said...

Well, I'm going to try to get a photo of this thing before sending it out. Said photo would be posted on my Flickr page (the "blanket squares" link toward the bottom of my links.)

As for my next project(s), I have two started. One is a bright green and blue blanket for someone who is returning wounded. (I'm thinking tranquil colors might be welcome to some, rather than the ever present red, white, and blue. Besides, I was gifted with 2 skeins of the green yarn.)

The other is more meditative crochet. I've now made 2 pieces of hyperbolic crochet, and have found that it is incredibly peaceful for me. I work in rounds, and the only counting is counting my increases, which don't vary at all, so it becomes like a dance: 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, or 1, 1-2, 1, 1-2 and so on. My husband really loves the 3 in one pseudosphere, so that one is his. I'm thinking of donating a bright red one in a 3 in 2 ratio to the hyperbolic reef project.

2/22/2007 9:38 AM  
Blogger Plain Foolish said...

And of course, I have a couple projects that got put on hold for this one, so I'll likely pick them back up soon.

2/22/2007 9:44 AM  
Blogger the laughing gypsy said...

wow! congrats! many blessings along with the blanket to those foreign lands...

2/22/2007 8:55 PM  
Blogger Peterson Toscano said...

so do you feel like a diety, I mean if we are made in God's image, I know I feel most god-like once I've created something. Can't wait to see it.

2/23/2007 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home