Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sorry, folks

No, I haven't fallen off a cliff while stargazing. But last week's post that I needed time out was somewhat prophetic. When I don't make time, my body takes it anyway, and that way hurts. I've been out with migraine and my muscles joined in for some serious ache.

Now, I'm doing scales on the banjo and trying very hard to get them on rhythm. G and A and B and C - oops, and C and oh, bother! G and A and ... (And my instructor was right. The cheap metronome I bought is probably possessed by a gremlin that really hates people.)

And today is just rough. (Yeah, I know, whine, whine, whine, but it's my blog and I'm recovering from a migraine.) I will totally not be surprised if I fall asleep tonight in the middle of dinner.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are now feeling much better. Taking a break is oh so important! I don't thankfully get migraines but I've watched my brother suffer with them. They are a wicked malady. You take care...

4/12/2007 11:19 AM  
Blogger Plain Foolish said...

I'm trying. Luckily, the folks at my job were very understanding, and my massage therapist has learned to help my muscles behave better after a migraine, which is such a relief.

4/12/2007 11:23 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

You said you needed fallow time, and you took it. That's a fine thing. Glad to see you back, though.

4/12/2007 5:01 PM  
Blogger Plain Foolish said...

Thanks. And as usual when I've been off for a bit, so much to write about.

4/13/2007 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home