Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

More simple pleasures

Canine Diamond, over at The Crate, has made a little list of 10 small things that make this life a little better. Yes, cocoa is on there.

So I've decided to copy-cat, and list some of my favorite simple pleasures.

Lazing on the couch, reading a book.
Blackberries, warm from the sun.
Playing hopscotch.
Hot baths, and bath salts.
Fried green tomatoes, sliced ripe tomatoes, stuffed tomatoes, tomato soup - tomatoes.
Garlic bread with my tomato stuff.
Or else a grilled cheese sandwich - with good mustard.
Going swimming.
Starwatching.
Autumn breezes that smell like leaves and woodfires.
Roasting hot dogs - either the good kosher ones, or else veggie dogs.
Dolls - making them, dressing them, all that.
Sacred harp singing.
I don't do it now, because I live in a city, but my mom used to wait until the 3rd hour of a snowstorm, after the air had been "washed out" by the earlier snowfall, and put a cold bowl out on the deck to be filled with snow for snow "ice cream" - condensed milk and a little vanilla, mixed with the snow. Oh, yum. To be washed down with hot cocoa.
Real maple anything.
Dancing.
Talking with a friend.
Listening to the forest.
Squirrel watching.
Ginger lime soda.

3 Comments:

Blogger Plain Foolish said...

Anyone else care to share?

8/13/2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Little Black Car said...

I'm hoping to compile other lists as they come to me. I was too tired to think of anything else last night (I stayed up too late playing with my new computer fonts . . . ).

8/13/2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Little Black Car said...

You know what? I was that close to putting sacred harp singing on there but decided I'd end up doing an all-music one later so I should save it . . .

8/13/2006 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home