Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Friday, December 08, 2006

A sigh of relief...

It was good to check my email and find something from Dad. He's looking forward to the hat.

My husband called me on my stress-out last night. Yep, it's time for me to take a media holiday. No radio on the way home tonight. Besides, the book that I'm reading right now lends itself well to such a break - American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Not that it is particularly peaceful reading, but is an exploration through rather dark fiction of the relationship between the sacred and the profane. So far, it's been very interesting, and I'm fascinated by his portrayal of one particular character - Czernobog/Bielobog, who seems to reflect the inner conflict of the main character. Tonight, I think I'll finish off the slipper I'm working on, fold a few dozen cranes, and read some more of the book. I will not listen to the news at all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done my best to eliminate much of the media from my life. Its better that way. for me anyway since all it does is piss me off.

12/10/2006 7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to post earlier, but it got messed up on me.

I was really glad to hear this positive update on your dad, but now it's been a little while since we heard anything from you.

I cringe every time I hear of deaths in Iraq, and I don't even "have anyone" over there. And of course we rarely hear about Iraqi deaths, maybe they're to be expected.

I can't imagine having a loved one over there, the cringe so much worse than what I experience, and the relief mixed with the lingering awareness that for some anxious loved one the news was the worst kind.

peace to you

Pam

12/13/2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger Plain Foolish said...

dragonfly183, yeah, that's kind of where I am right now.

Pam, thanks for asking. You got me at least to post something, even if it's only a sort of echo of your comment.

I've wanted to write something more, but each time I begin, it goes nowhere. Also, the stress hasn't been good for my health, so I think I'm going to have to get myself to be more regular about going to my massage therapy appointments.

12/13/2006 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home