Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

One Deep Breath: Contrast

plum

Squishy plum fallen
Busy apartment walkway
Who stops?

I saw this plum while walking in my neighborhood last month, and was caught by how full and round it was, how smooth on the rough sidewalk, how still and self contained in a usually busy sidewalk. Not a big contrast, but an interesting one to me. I wonder which of the local wildlife ended up eating it?

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Pachakamakin said...

Me parece maravilloso y encantador tu Blog. Gracias por darle tanta frescura y novedad a estos espacios.

Te invito a visitar mi página personal en la que publico mis poemas y mis links (estos pueden interesarte mucho).

Te envío un abrazo y te dejo mi dirección:
Http://pachakamakinartimago.blogspot.com

Hasta pronto!!
Andrés G. Fernández

8/01/2007 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love plums...

8/01/2007 7:23 PM  
Blogger Plain Foolish said...

I also love plums - juicy and squashy, with all the summer sun sweetness in them. And they're at their best when sun warmed. Mmmm. I saw the same plum later in the afternoon, but by the next morning, it was gone.

And welcome, Andres Gustavo Fernandez. Thank you for the lovely things you've said.

8/02/2007 8:36 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

I'd say that's quite a big contrast, between such vulnerability and such hardness. I found myself worrying for that plum! :-)

8/02/2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

What good contrast - in photo and lines. Nice, oh, nice!

8/03/2007 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home