Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Inner Voice (One Single Impression)

I hear a call, a whisper,
a rhythm tapping in my soul,
a song begging me to sing,
a life begging to be lived.

I sound the notes softly,
hesitant, unsure, feeling
I cannot do them justice,
cannot sing them true.

But soft and sweet, they call,
aching to burst free,
longing to form a chorus,
begging to fill the sky.

More poetry on an inner voice can be found at One Single Impression

7 Comments:

Anonymous Bobbie said...

Very nice read! :)

7/21/2009 9:01 AM  
Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Isn't it lovely when those voices do fill the sky!

7/21/2009 1:10 PM  
Blogger Sandra.if said...

I understand that...!

7/22/2009 5:39 PM  
Blogger gabrielle said...

follow them gently and believe.

7/22/2009 7:11 PM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

nice! begging to fill the sky - wonderful visual of inner voice...

7/24/2009 1:09 PM  
Blogger Tammie Lee said...

an entirely sweet poem. those inner voices keep on calling~

Spirithelpers

7/25/2009 2:52 PM  
Blogger Quiet Paths said...

I feel the hesitancy to sing out; this is beautiful E. I really can understand the song.

7/26/2009 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home