Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

*sigh*

Last night, I had a pretty heavy homework load - reading an article that was heavy on jargon, writing up a differentiation plan, and a lesson plan, all after an over 12 hour day. And it didn't help that I switched placements (along with everyone else studying Special Education) yesterday morning. I'd gotten to know and like all my students at my Special Education site, and suddenly, I'm switching gears to learn an entirely new classroom and their procedures and methods. And tomorrow, I take over their first lesson of the day. And try to figure out how to differentiate for a class where I don't know their individual goals, learning styles, and struggles. And who haven't had time to get comfortable with me as a teacher.

Whee.

I've begun to get a plan together for Thursday's math and science class, but I think I'm going to have to get one of my colleagues to share her "alphabet soup" song and routine and use that for tomorrow's lesson. And beg for help from my advisor this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home