Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Short thoughts on a long trip

I went home this weekend, and I'm still processing some of the experience. At a ceremony to honor people who work with high school athletes, I found myself surrounded by the same war-talk that seems to permeate everywhere. May I say that I am much more proud of the leadership that my dad has displayed by going where others fear and providing medical care than I am by military adventures? That I love my dad dearly and am deeply upset that such a good person is being used in such a bad way? That leadership is not shown by bombing people into the stone age? That I am at least as proud of my granny who is not a soldier, but who has had the bravery to cover stories that people in powerful positions found threatening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home