Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dad

This morning, I caught the first whiff of honeysuckle for this year. Yum.

And it made me think about my dad. How we used to go on nature hikes, looking at everything. How I first learned to really love camping by going camping with my parents, even as a toddler. (There's just something *about* slightly scorched potatoes dug out of the coals of a campfire, especially when eaten with baked beans and veggie hot dogs.) It made me think of the picture of him letting me hang on to his fingers as I mastered walking across a stream on a log.

Happy birthday, Dad. Come home soon.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
My name is Jenny. I was "surfing" the internet the other day and some how happened upon your web page. I am actually not quite sure how, but I'm thankful all the same. I was awe struck as I read your pages. I inparticularly like one section which bore no name. You talked about "the spirit of prayer", and compared it to "traditional prayers". At first it caught me off gaurd, and I didn't quite understand. As I read though, I began to understand, and actually realize this is something I enjoy quite frequently, but have never been able to put into words, as you so ellequently are able. So I wanted to thank you and let you know that you acually inspired me, and as result I ended up writing some of my own thoughts down aswell. Also, I was curious as to what denomination you consider yourself to be apart of. As I read through some of your pages, I noticed that you mentioned God, though in no more explicit terms then that. I thought I saw some where else that you mentioned Quakers, or Pagan, and was wondering if you clamed either of them as your own beliefs. And it seems as though every one these days (no matter what religion) wants to call themselves a "Christian". Though on the other hand, you mentioned in a later dated page, that you would not necessarily call yourself a "Christian". All of this has really sparked my interest. I, myself, was born and raised Independent Baptist, but at this stage in my life, I find my heart and mind questioning. Not necessarily the way of salvation (for I believe this is true) But some of the methods, or ways, or things that are not observed, cause my mind to wonder. Thus, your thoughts facinated me, and I took a chance and wanted to know if you could answer my questions. Please accept my apologies if I have poked my nose where it does not belong, or if I have offended you in any way. Thank you so much for your time. -Jenny G.

5/18/2007 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home