Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Important discoveries

Fajitas taste better - much, much better, when consumed at home rather than in Iraq. I am assured of this by someone who should know.

I've been designing the dress and apron I will wear for my dad's coming home party, and was just laying them out, when the phone rang. My parents are back from their first vacation - the restoration of part of the front of the house looks great - and are off for their second. I didn't even attempt pointing out to them that most people take a couple weeks at least between vacations. This is their well deserved rest and reunion.

Time to get back to laying out that dress and apron. Especially since I finally sacrificed my favorite apron. I have not made a copy of it, despite its long running status as favorite, because I've never seen a pattern for one like it. Even the recent spate of apron patterns has failed to yield the pattern for my canning apron, and I was not about to give it up. But the fabric has begun to get thin, and now there is more stain than pattern, and it is time to allow it to become the pattern for many more like it. My comfort is that now that I have a pattern, I can allow the next one to go until it is more patch than original fabric.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cee said...

It must be such a vast relief for your family, and especially your mum to have your father home. I hope they're enjoy reconnecting on their vacations :-)

6/10/2007 1:18 AM  
Blogger Plain Foolish said...

It certainly is a relief, and they sound like they're having a fabulous time. Recently, someone asked me whether my dad was out yet, and I replied that he was probably on the beach, having just gotten out of the water from snorkelling, and now engaged in drinking something out of a coconut. Dad informed me that I was right on all counts.

6/11/2007 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home