Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Okay, I'm a total wuss

I admit it. But I stayed up packing last night, then got out the door by 6:30 this morning. I'll be working a full and rather busy day today (I already cleared the easiest stack off my desk, but others lurk in wait for me.) and then I'll be driving until Midnight? Only to turn around on Sunday and drive back.

Tomorrow, I fully plan to let the river carry me, paddling only enough to keep from being beached. Admittedly, in my opinion, this is the best way to go down the river, even if you aren't that tired. It lets you hear the birds, really *see* the trees and flowers and just kind of commune with the river and the land.

Luckily, I'll be passing through the town where I met my husband. I think on Sunday, we may stop by the deli we had our second date at and get some sandwiches and salads for the trip back. And I'm looking forward to seeing my dad under less stressful circumstances than his welcome home party.

But, oh, how I want to sleep in.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

River, take me away...

Live now, sleep later. Have a really wonderful time.

8/03/2007 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home