Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Friday, December 28, 2007

A moment of quiet in the storm

Christine talks about the unsettling news from Pakistan, and about the need for a bit of calm in all the violence that the world seems intent on producing sometimes. I was deeply saddened by the news of the assassination as well, and decided to "light a candle" over at gratefulness.org. (And check out the rest of the site, including a virtual labyrinth and some thoughts on peace...)

Oh, and thanks to Don, over at Country Contemplative, for introducing me to the site in the first place.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

I lit a candle. You've given me hope. I'm grateful and happy that you like Brother David's site at Gratefulness. I always find good things there. Peace. :-) Don

12/28/2007 5:50 PM  
Blogger Quiet Paths said...

May Peace prevail on earth. Happy New Year JPF.

1/01/2008 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I can't wait to check out that site! The worlds needs more of that.

BTW, your comment on my blog nearly had me wet my pants laughing. You should write editorials!

1/03/2008 11:02 AM  
Blogger Plain Foolish said...

Happy New Year!

*grin*

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Salihah.

And any uncontrollable laughter I'm simply chalking up as paybacks for your article on fixing brakes...

1/03/2008 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home