Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A respite

Took a break tonight and just played the banjo with my instructor. "Will the Circle be Unbroken" spoke to me, and seemed to practically flow into my fingers as I picked it up. The last couple of weeks have been hard, and I admit, the banjo has sat, untouched, waiting to be picked up. I thought of all the practice time that has gone by and wondered if my fingers would fumble over the strings, but instead, it was as though they had been waiting for me to give them the banjo again.

This morning, two flocks of geese flew overhead, as though to remind me that spring is again here, even if my bones are still complaining of the cold, and my feet growing restless in the house.

Geese fly past,
dragging spring in their wake,
singing to the sun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Black Car said...

That's a great song.

I hope your husband's feeling better.

3/06/2008 9:36 AM  
Blogger Quiet Paths said...

Every hour the wild geese fly by overhead. It does indeed feel like they are dragging a reluctant spring behind them. Great image! I'm glad he is feeling better. I swear by our Neti pot. It resolved three weeks of coughing last summer for Matthew practically overnight. Amazing.

3/12/2008 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home