Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Last day of school...

It's the last day of summer school for my students. (I still have another week to go.) I'm so incredibly proud of each and every one of them. They've worked hard all summer and today the other teachers and I have planned a bit of a reward for them - a lesson plan that involves playing educational games and reading interesting books (instead of their readers), to be capped off with a party - cupcakes and punch diluted with seltzer.

And I've found out about a possible placement that would be about 15-20 minutes away from my apartment. Which would be nice, but I'm doing my best not to count my chickens before they've hatched.

2 Comments:

Blogger Quiet Paths said...

This is such an exciting time for you. I'm bubbling with anticipation to see where you'll end up. I'll hold my thumb for you ....

PS: I owe you a letter. I apologize sincerely. My summer has been wrought with the hectic. But I was tickled to read it.

8/11/2009 9:29 AM  
Blogger Don said...

I've enjoyed reading your posts.

8/24/2009 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home