Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Happy Birthday, Love

Today is my husband's birthday, so I want to address a few words to him.

Love, I'm so happy that I was lucky enough to meet you, and love you, and marry you. You've done your best to live by your beliefs and have helped to keep me grounded in mine. You've taken me places I never would have thought to go without you, and you've come to some pretty strange ones with me. I still remember the first time we celebrated your birthday together, when you held a "hobbit birthday" by taking the entire gaming group out for Chinese food. And the times we've celebrated a little more simply, but I'm looking forward to the birthdays ahead.

I look forward to watching the laugh lines around your eyes get deeper as the sparkle in your eyes gets brighter. I look forward to threatening you with my barbequed chicken wings or burrito night when you tease me. I look forward to watching your beard turn silver, and seeing you try on a succession of berets over the years. And I look forward to loving that balding pate with the beret over it.

Happy Birthday, Love.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet message to him! You husband's birthday falls one day before our wedding anniversary, and yesterday my wife and I celebrated 37 years of marriage. I hope for such a long and happy life together for you two. And yes, I have gray in my beard, and a largely unhaired cranium, but am more of a baseball cap guy.

Bless you two.

BrianH

1/25/2007 8:40 PM  
Blogger Plain Foolish said...

Happy anniversary!

Thank you for your good wishes. And best wishes to you and your wife for many more happy years.

1/26/2007 5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home