Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Friday, January 19, 2007

A poem.

Scraped raw, I tremble
Caught in the earthquake
As vision blurs and tears fall

Will they fall forever in a river to the sea?
Will my trembling shake the Earth below
Or maybe the sky above...

Will my heart crumble like sandstone
Before the salt wave of my tears?
Or will I arise, washed clean?

Even if I cried a river all the way to the sea
It would not be barren forever.
Dolphins would come to see what it was.

And maybe they would leap in the air,
Turning the water to a thousand diamonds
Flashing in the sun.

And when the sandstone crumbles,
That is the place where spring comes,
And the buttercups echo the sun.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home