Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Music

For those of y'all who like acoustic folk, check out Hank Woji, and in particular his single, Patriot Games, a classic folk protest song. Many thanks to Marty over On the Homefront for the introduction to this marvellous piece. Check it out.

I've also been listening to Lorcan's CDs, especially his most recent, Interstice. Lorcan, ye've gotta find a way to allow folks to buy these over the web. I will say now what I said when I first heard it - you've got to be the only musician I've ever heard who actually seemed to *listen to the lyrics* of poor "Tom of Bedlam". This is one heck of a lament, folks. And do not miss "Maili Dhonn" which is just beautiful and haunting. The entire CD The Best of Lorcan Otway is Yet to Come stands as a protest against the rush to war and against the shameful treatment that soldiers and pacifists have always suffered, one of the many cruel ironies of war. For some of his lyrics, check out his blog, where he sometimes posts them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

Thanks. Hank is a wonderful songwriter and he gives so much of his time here in Houston and is always willing to help out anyway he can.

I'm going to check out Lorcan's CDs.

1/15/2007 9:15 AM  
Blogger Lorcan said...

=) thee made my day... no, my week... thank'ee fFriend... Marty! I'll get in touch with thee.
Thine in the light
lor

1/15/2007 10:43 AM  
Blogger Lorcan said...

PS Marty, I went to thy blogs and see that there is no email adress, feel free to email me at InOBU at AOL.COM, and I will send thee the two CDs mentioned, I also, will read with interest thy blogs.

In peace and solidarity
lor

1/15/2007 10:45 AM  
Blogger David said...

I'll testify that Lorcan's CDs are a treat. A mood gets set, and the ears are attentive and the soul is stirred.

1/15/2007 4:07 PM  
Blogger Plain Foolish said...

Welcome, David. I enjoyed looking at your blog, and have added you to my links.

1/16/2007 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home