Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So much has been happening - my husband and I just had our 9th anniversary, which we quietly celebrated. We also travelled out to see my sister and to participate in my niece's funeral. And my sister and I are planning to meet up at my favorite warm springs to take the waters together.

And spring has been worming its not-so-subtle way into my feet again. Even with the lingering chill at night, I'm ready to be outside - hey, some of the trees have little leaf buds, and a few are in bloom - it must be camping season already. I even have a couple of homemade camping stoves, ready to be tested, and some day-hike ideas (I'm not quite up to regular backpacking, but dayhikes centered around a base camp sound mighty appealing.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Happy Anniversary!!. My wife and I will celebrate 25 in a couple months. The time has flown. Enjoy your time together. Savor each day.

3/22/2008 10:00 PM  
Blogger Quiet Paths said...

Happy anniversary - a week late. Nine years is great; this is our 24th year together. I hope you can plan some camping soon. We already have a list starting in April when Glacier's campgrounds open.

3/25/2008 10:59 AM  
Blogger connie said...

On the pile of cards and addresses for Christmas greetings, your blog from 3/14/08 and your handwritten Pilgrimage beckons...

At the end of Passover 2008, Orthodox Easter Sunday, rapidly walking the Stations of the Cross in Jerusalem's streets so fragrant with coffee, I sobbed to hear the Jewish, Arab, and Christian voices around us. In this song, peace can be.

12/22/2009 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home