Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Friday, April 18, 2008

On the train again

Once again, for Earth Day, I'll be in transit, this time on the train. My family is gathering and I'll be there. Of course, the most Earth-friendly thing to do would be to stay put, but since I do need to travel, not only is the train a less polluting option, it's also relaxing - and the scenery is simply spectacular.

It's been a tough month, and I've gotten fed up with the radio once again, so I'm not listening. I don't need to know the latest poll results from Indiana any more than I need to be

This morning, as I walked from the train station to my office, I spotted buttercups! And another admirer of them and I talked about them as we walked to the next crosswalk, where we parted ways.

1 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

I'm still not listening to much news either. I get an occasional note on the web at Google or Huff Post. Combat journalism and polling do not impress me. I wish we had more reporting of issues that effect most people like, energy prices, how we end the war in Iraq. How we better serve our neighbors. :-) Don

4/20/2008 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home