Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

And in the department of "Well, duh"...

Buying a new wardrobe every season is bad for the environment. Gosh. You don't say? Who could have known?

To be fair, they also have some stuff to say on the costs of washing, drying, and ironing your clothes. (Though I will point out that with fewer clothes, they get a better airing out and fewer opportunities for wrinkles.) Now, I don't believe that ironing is as necessary as the rest of the world seems to believe. In linen, I think ironing is just an exercise in futility, but that's me.

And, of course, they back me up in my belief that hang drying is better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Black Car said...

I repeat--98% of ironing is a complete waste of time. I got a new iron for high school graduation and I think I've used it twice. I still have to tumble-dry because of that whole pesky humidity thing, but I do not iron, and I'm no more wrinkled than anyone else. The skirt I'm wearing (100% cotton) was in the bottom of the laundry basket for five days but it looks fine.

I've been wondering why T-shirts seem suddenly to all be made of onionskin. Drives me a bit nuts, really. I see one that's really cool but it feels like it's already worn out. Forget it.

1/25/2007 7:36 AM  
Blogger Plain Foolish said...

Precisely. I had thought about buying a t-shirt featuring one of my favorite comics for my mom, but didn't after I saw the shirts they had to print on - the only ones that were sweat free were thin, tight, white ones. Meh. No.

1/25/2007 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home