Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Banjo frustration

*sigh*

My banjo playing has seriously suffered from the new schedule. Practice? When? After my nearly 2-hour commute? Maybe an hour or two over the weekend while I recover from the week's serious physical efforts?

It didn't help that I was still shaken when I went in last week, nor that I was really hungry...

So I barely managed to play "Skip to My Lou". And found flaws in the way I was playing "Polly Wolly Doodle". Meh.

And I've had a grand total of 5 days since then. Tonight is this week's banjo night. *Sigh* I really hope it's a little better this week. If it's a little better, then I can hope that next week will be better yet. And so forth.

Unfortunately, I don't think the insurance can do anything about lost banjo proficiency.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorcan said...

One day it will all click, and instead of "practicing" thee will be playing.

10/04/2007 3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to second Lorcan and I think you've already caught glimpses of that happening already. We always try and sing a tune before hand. I know you are very familiar with the tunes you are playing but try singing them just before you start picking. It will help get all your neurons moving in the same direction. Hang in there lady and always pack a sandwich! lol

10/04/2007 8:41 AM  
Blogger Plain Foolish said...

Thank you both. It did get better. What seems to help me most is difficult when taking public transit. What had been working was showing up a little early and playing for maybe 15 minutes in the car. Luckily, stuff clicked better this week, and the car should be fixed by tonight.

10/05/2007 6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home