Just Plain Foolish

Just a chance for an old-fashioned, simple storyteller to say what needs to be said.

Friday, February 02, 2007

The rose blooms

A friend of mine is blooming today. She came to tell me that she's quitting her job and moving on with becoming a full-time writer. She's applying for a grant from A Room of Her Own, but whether she gets it or not, she's on to her next big adventure.

I'm excited for her, and will be praying that all goes well. I know this is the second such request from me today, but if y'all could hold her in the light and in your prayers, it would be wonderful.

And she's left me with a challenge: to take my writing and my art seriously. To apply for grants and publication and... well, a lot of things.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Oh, wow. She's in my thoughts and I wish her the best of luck!

2/04/2007 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home